Kitchen Safety: 8 Tips to Avoid Thanksgiving Cooking Mishaps! by Kaila Weingarten
6 years ago
Have these tips in mind to keep your holiday cooking safe!
- Stand by your pan! Unattended cooking is the top cause of kitchen fires. This threat is three times greater on Thanksgiving!
- Don’t wear loose-fitting clothing with long sleeves near ranges or ovens.
- Watch kids so they don’t come into contact with hot stovetops.
- Turn pan handles toward the back of the stove.
- In the event of a fire, call 911.
- Cover a pan with a lid to smother the flames.
- Never pour water or flour onto a fire – that can make the fire worse.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen!
Here's to a safe Thanksgiving!