As we brace for early mornings, first-day tears and notes home from the teacher, we’re also preparing to send our kids back to the giant petri dishes we call school. Here are five reasons why I feel vaccinations need to be at the top of your back-to-school list:
- Vaccines protect everyone. There may be a friend who can’t be vaccinated. Vaccines prevent your child from spreading disease to others who can’t fight it on their own.
- Your child may not be able to go to school without vaccinations. Most states require children to be vaccinated before going to school, but requirements vary. Make an appointment with your provider to find out if your child is ready.
- Vaccines aren’t just for babies. Preteens and teens need vaccines to prevent against serious and potentially life-threatening diseases, including meningitis and HPV.
- Don’t forget the flu vaccine. September is the calm before the flu storm. Make an appointment now to ensure your child doesn’t catch a flu that could have been prevented.
- Even if you’re behind on shots, it’s not too late. On-time doses are best, but late shots are better than none. If your child is behind, work with your provider to catch up.
Let's have a healthy school year.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!