Heat Rash & Kids: 5 Things You Need to Know About Summer Heat Rash! by Mei Marcie
It's summertime, and while being outdoors is fun for the whole family, you should take a few precautions against heat rash, especially for the little ones in the family. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Babies' skin has immature sweat glands, thus is more susceptible to blockage.
- Blockage can lead to a rash.
- Avoid tight and restrictive clothing, which may reduce humidity, heat and sweating.
- Avoid thick blankets during bedtime.
- Heat rash looks like tiny dots and pimples.
Keep an eye on your kids when they're out in the heat this summer. Have fun, just watch that sweat and lose the thick clothing!