Heat Rash & Kids: 5 Things You Need to Know About Summer Heat Rash! by Mei Marcie
It's summertime, and while being outdoors is fun for the whole family, you should take a few precautions against heat rash, especially for the little ones in the family. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Babies' skin has immature sweat glands, thus is more susceptible to blockage.
- Blockage can lead to a rash.
- Avoid tight and restrictive clothing, which may reduce humidity, heat and sweating.
- Avoid thick blankets during bedtime.
- Heat rash looks like tiny dots and pimples.
Keep an eye on your kids when they're out in the heat this summer. Have fun, just watch that sweat and lose the thick clothing!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.