Postpartum Depression Isn't Just for New Moms: 5 Reasons Why Dads Get PPD! by Mei Marcie
We know moms can get postpartum depression, but dads can get it, too. Men may not voice their feelings, so some dads may not get support they need. Here are five reasons why dads may get depressed after Baby arrives:
- Isolation from family if he feels excluded from baby care and parenting
- Financial worry, especially if there is a health condition that costs more money
- Strained marriage, more so if the foundation isn't strong
- Physical strain due to lack of sleep
- Emotional drain due to strained relationships with caregivers
Watch out for signs such as fatigue and withdrawal, and don't forget TLC for dads!