Do Your Kids Walk to School? 5 Tips to Help Keep Them Safe! by Dr. Bridget Boyd
7 months ago
Walking to school is a great way for kids to get exercise, but it can be dangerous. If your child is walking to school, keep these safety tips in mind!
- Make sure your child knows never to cross in the middle of the street. Kids, and adults, should only cross in crosswalks.
- Cross where there's a crossing guard.
- Adult supervision is always preferred, but when not possible kids should walk to school in groups.
- Whether your child is in a group or not, it's imperative they not talk to strangers.
- Remind your child to pay attention to surroundings to avoid dangers.
Let's stay safe!