Mindful Eating: 8 Steps to a Healthier, Portion-Controlled Mealtime! by Natalia Stasenko
a year ago
Sometimes, we continue eating despite being already full. This results in overeating and expanded waistlines. The best way to eat the right amount of food for your body is to practice mindful eating:
- Slow down.
- Eat all your meals at a table.
- Savor each bite.
- Put down your fork often.
- Chew your food properly.
- Listen to the first satiety signals your brain is sending you.
- Ask yourself from time to time, "Am I still hungry?"
- As soon as you are not hungry anymore, take your plate into the kitchen and pour yourself some tea or coffee or brush your teeth to signal that the meal is over.
Mindful eating is healthy eating.