How to Create a Successful Sleep Environment: A Sleep Physician's Best Tips for a Good Night's Sleep by Dr. Abhinav Singh Sleep Physician
1. Limiting Phone Usage in the Bedroom
- Keep phones on do not disturb mode and greater than 6 feet away from you so that your hands cannot reach them.
- Give yourself one hour of disconnect from your phone prior to climbing into bed.
- Replace the " Doom scrolling or screen bathing" in bed with a calming ritual. Gratitude journals, light audio, reading, breathing exercises and stretching have shown to increase relaxation.
2. Other Optimal Sleep Conditions
- Keep it cool and comfortable. Consider buying a smart thermostat, which works on a timer.
- A less stimulating and relaxing environment naturally promotes sleep.
- Consider amber lighting.
- Have an electronic and gadget-free environment.
3. Suggested Sleep Products
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Gratitude Journals $6 & Up
Smart Thermostats $30 & Up
Amber Light Bulbs $8 & Up
Eye Shades $6 & Up
Ear Plugs $5 & Up
Blackout Curtains $12 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.