Emotional Health & Wellness During COVID-19: 5 Ways to Create Healthy Emotional Boundaries & Start Feeling Better by Diana Cole
Your feelings are your compass. As I worked with this simple yet powerful truth, I realized that if I feel good, I am good – even when the circumstances and events in my outer world don’t unfold exactly as I would like them to. This truth also gave me a new perspective when it comes to what other people are feeling or experiencing. It offered a healthy vantage point that helped me to stop taking responsibility for the emotions and feelings of others. It helped me give myself a break.
With better energetic boundaries, I made some rules for myself that you might find useful, too:
- If you don’t feel good about what you’re observing, acknowledge that to yourself.
- Don’t get caught up in what other people say and do – or get pulled down by it. Their actions and words are about them, not you.
- Not getting caught up doesn't mean you don’t care about other people. In truth, it allows you to care more. Continue to say positive words inwardly and outwardly about yourself and all others.
- Rather than allowing emotional entanglement to get the better of you, get in touch with how you feel in the moments that are difficult. Are you feeling lonely, anxious, angry or jealous? Are you tired and needing to sleep before you can truly connect with your feelings? What arises for you when you give yourself space to reflect?
- Use your feelings as your compass to guide you toward joy and good feelings. Like the captain of a ship, you have the ability to guide yourself into calm waters.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.