Vacations Matter: Here Are 5 Reasons a Vacation Is Good for Your Health by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
Most Americans are vacation deprived. Less than half use their allotted days off, and 60 percent who do escape take their work with them. Folks, vacation shaming is real, and it’s bad for your health! Here are five reasons you need to plan a summer trip right away:
- You need to chill out. Vacationers have fewer stress-related ailments, like headaches, backaches and heart irregularities.
- You need to recharge. Ninety-four percent of people with post-vacation bliss say they came back with more energy to tackle their everyday lives.
- You need something to look forward to. Pre-trip happiness provides months of healthy optimism.
- It’s heart smart. Women who vacation are eight times less likely to have heart disease. Men who skip vacations are 30 percent more likely to die from a heart attack.
- It will make you better at your job. Every 10 hours of vacation time increases performance ratings by 8 percent.
If you’re overdue for a vacation, it’s time to plan your next getaway. Say adios to the daily grind and unplug to reboot your health!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.