Need the Perfect Toy in a Hurry? 10 Toy Safety Tips From Santa’s Elves! by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
Buying the perfect toy can be a daunting task, especially if the little one on your list isn’t your own. When in doubt, here are 10 safety tips to help make sure you don’t wrap an accident-waiting-to-happen this season.
- No small parts for anyone under the age of 3.
- Make sure plush toys have secure parts (e.g., eyes, noses, buttons).
- Avoid sharp edges.
- Think twice about projectiles.
- Look for washable and non-flammable.
- Noises should not hurt a child’s ears and not drive a parent insane.
- Don’t forget the helmet to go with the bike, skates or scooter.
- Choose arm and knee pads when wheels are concerned.
- Age appropriate first, interest second.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Toys for Kids $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.