Nurse Practitioners: 5 Ways NPs Are Saving Busy Parents This Winter by Cindy Cooke, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP
Winter is here. So are fevers and runny noses. Here are five ways nurse practitioners (NPs) can streamline your family’s health needs:
- Same day clinics: Visit your local NP located in clinics at local retailers to address that ear infection or other acute illness before it keeps you up all night. Get an appointment, diagnosis, prescription, if needed, and peace of mind in a single visit.
- Flu shots: NPs are bringing flu shots to patients in many communities, staffing quick and accessible clinics that save parents a ton of time.
- On-site clinics: From a raging sinus infection to flu shots, sometimes skipping work for your health needs is nearly impossible. A quick trip to your office’s nurse practitioner can save you time.
- Fast office appointments: Many practices have NPs to meet the needs of patients in acute and chronic health care visits. Don’t settle for waiting weeks for care when a trained NP can see you much sooner.
- Better preventative care: By design, NPs’ schedules allow them to spend more time with patients and focused on prevention and education.
No matter how busy life gets, family health should be the top priority – and NPs are making that easier than ever.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
First Aid Kits $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.