A Healthy Summer: 6 Simple Tips to Boost Your Summertime Health by Cindy Cooke, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP
Between the heat and the non-stop activities, summer can take a toll on your body and immune system. Here are some tips to stay healthy and enjoy your summer.
- Drink Water: Hydration is key to overall health and is especially important in hotter temperatures.
- Get Enough Sleep: Sleep deprivation weakens your immune system.
- Avoid Over-drinking: Alcohol dehydrates you. Limit your cocktails and have a glass of water between drinks!
- Eat Nutritious Meals: Instead of burgers and hot dogs, try lighter foods like grilled chicken breast or seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Eat Breakfast: Give yourself enough energy for the day.
- Exercise Daily: Exercise helps you feel more energetic and releases endorphins that improve your mood.
To find out more ways to improve your health while facing the heat, visit your health care practitioner or go to NPFinder.com to find a nurse practitioner near you.