Bye Bye, Migraines: Simple, Natural Treatment Options for Migraine Headaches by Jacob Teitelbaum
Ready to be migraine free? You can! Simple natural treatments can be highly effective at preventing migraines. Give these six weeks to start working. They include:
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): Take 300 mg each morning. In two placebo-controlled studies, this decreased migraine frequency 69 percent after six weeks.
- Magnesium: Take 200 mg at bedtime.
- Melatonin: Take 3 mg at bedtime. Do not use a time-release form.
Do these three in combination for six weeks. Most people find this decreases their migraine frequency and severity dramatically. If your migraines persist, look at these issues. That will often make the stubborn migraines go away.
- Food Allergies: Avoiding hidden food allergies can reduce or eliminate migraines in 30 to 85 percent of people. The most common food triggers are wheat, oranges, eggs, tea and coffee, chocolate, milk, corn, sugar and yeast.
- Hormone-Triggered Migraines: I’ve found that the most treatment-resistant migraines are often hormonally mediated. They are caused by fluctuations in hormone levels. These will occur around ovulation (day 15 of your menses) or around your menses. These are the times that your hormone levels fluctuate the most. In women on the birth control pill, they may occur when you first wake up, as the pill from the previous day is wearing off. The treatment? Using an estrogen patch during those days to help maintain a more stable hormone level. This will not eliminate an acute migraine, but will tend to prevent them.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.