"When The Bough Breaks": 5 Reasons It's So Important to Watch This Film on Postpartum Depression by Lindsay Gerszt
Women's Health Mental Health
5 years ago
Add to collection
"When The Bough Breaks" is a feature-length documentary about postpartum depression (PPD) and postpartum psychosis. Narrated and produced by Brooke Shields, this shocking film uncovers this very public health issue which affects one in five new mothers after childbirth. Here are five reasons why you should watch and share this film:
- It will educate you about the different forms of perinatal mood disorders – ranging from the baby blues to postpartum psychosis.
- It helps break the stigma associated with maternal mental health. (We are not crazy!)
- It will help our moms know they are not alone!
- It will open up a much needed conversation with your partner, family and friends.
- It will inform you on how to support mothers, fathers and children who have been affected by this very common illness.
Learn more about "When The Bough Breaks," follow the film on Facebook and be sure to share it with your friends and family. The video is longer than 30 seconds, but 30Seconds wants to do its part in getting the word out about this important film.