Ride a Motorcycle? 15 Safety Tips You Need to Read Right Now! by Donna John
On many weekends, you’ll find me on the back of my husband’s Harley. It’s exhilarating, fun and something we both enjoy. However, we also know it can be dangerous. Here are some safety tips to help keep everyone safer on the road from the National Safety Council (NSC):
- Wear a helmet. Period. Just wear it.
- Choose a bike that fits you.
- Invest in anti-lock brakes.
- New riders should take a motorcycle safety course.
- Know the rules of the road.
- Never drink and drive.
- Know that riding with a passenger requires more skill.
- Drive defensively, especially at intersections (that’s where half of all collisions occur).
- Watch for potholes, manhole covers, oil slicks, puddles, debris, railroad tracks and gravel.
- Assume you are invisible to motorists and move where you can be seen.
- Use headlights during the day and night.
- Don’t weave in and out of lanes or ride on the shoulder.
- Don’t speed.
- Wear bright and/or reflective, durable clothing and boots.
- Wear goggles or glasses if your helmet doesn’t cover your eyes.
Learn more about motorcycle safety.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Motorcycle Helmets $50 & Up
Motorcycle Guardian Bells $9 & Up
Motorcycle Accessories $6 & Up
Motorcycle Books $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.