Newborn Screening: 5 Things Pregnant Moms Need to Know! by Donna John
6 years ago
Add to collection
Newborn screenings are tests that check for diseases and conditions in newborn babies – like heart problems and hearing loss, reminds Healthfinder.gov. These tests help doctors find many diseases and conditions early, so your baby can be treated sooner. Before your baby is born, take these steps to prepare yourself:
- Find out which tests are available at the hospital where your baby will be born.
- Ask when you can expect to get your baby’s test results.
- Make a plan to keep track of your baby’s test results.
- Check with your health insurance company to find out which tests are covered.
- If you aren’t planning to give birth at a hospital, see if your midwife can screen your baby.
Learn more newborn screening.