What Is Psoriasis? 7 Facts About This Chronic Skin Condition! by Donna John
a year ago
Not sure what psoriasis is? Here are seven facts on psoriasis from Psoriasis.com!
- Psoriasis starts underneath the skin.
- It’s a chronic disease of the immune system.
- The disease can range from mild to severe.
- Psoriasis can be associated with other health conditions like Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, psoriatic arthritis.
- With plaque psoriasis, the immune system is overactive and triggers skin inflammation and faster skin cell production.
- The exact cause of psoriasis is unknown.
- Treatment options are available.
Always talk to your doctor about your condition!