Wear Contacts? 5 Tips You Need to Know to Keep Your Eyes Healthy! by Donna John
Almost all contact lens wearers may be doing at least one behavior known to increase risk of eye infections, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). To keep eyes safe, the CDC recommends:
- Washing hands with soap and water and drying them before touching contacts.
- Taking contacts out before sleeping, showering or swimming.
- Rubbing and rinsing contacts in disinfecting solution each time they’re removed.
- Rinsing the case with contact lens solution, drying it and storing it upside down with the caps off after each use.
- Replacing cases every three months.
If you have any concerns, talk to your eye doctor.