Sunburn Tips From the Skin Experts: 8 Tips for Treating Sunburn in Kids by Mei Marcie
Did your child get a sunburn? Here are tips from the American Academy of Dermatology for treating it!
- Get out of the sun.
- Take a cool bath.
- Pat dry and moisturize while there’s still a layer of water on the skin.
- Choose creams with aloe vera.
- Apply hydrocortisone cream to reduce inflammation, if prescribed.
- Drink extra water, as the sunburn draws water from the skin and rest of the body.
- If there are blisters, do not pop. Let them heal on their own.
- Watch for signs of infection. If an infant's skin turns pink, consult a doctor.
But remember, it's better to take precautions to avoid sunburn all together.