Sunburn Tips From the Skin Experts: 8 Tips for Treating Sunburn in Kids by Mei Marcie
Kids' Health Skin Conditions
5 years ago
Add to collection
Did your child get a sunburn? Here are tips from the American Academy of Dermatology for treating it!
- Get out of the sun.
- Take a cool bath.
- Pat dry and moisturize while there’s still a layer of water on the skin.
- Choose creams with aloe vera.
- Apply hydrocortisone cream to reduce inflammation, if prescribed.
- Drink extra water, as the sunburn draws water from the skin and rest of the body.
- If there are blisters, do not pop. Let them heal on their own.
- Watch for signs of infection. If an infant's skin turns pink, consult a doctor.
But remember, it's better to take precautions to avoid sunburn all together.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.