A Safe July 4th for Families: 7 Fireworks Safety Tips for the DIY-ers on Independence Day by Donna John
The countdown to July 4th is on, which means family fun – and fireworks. SafeKids.org recommends leaving fireworks to the pros and attending a public display, but if DIY fireworks are your thing here are seven safety tips for your family:
- Don’t wear loose clothing.
- Never light fireworks indoors or near dry grass.
- Stand several feet away from lit fireworks.
- Point them away from homes.
- Be sure they are legal in your area.
- Always have a bucket of water and/or fire extinguisher nearby.
- If a child is injured by fireworks, immediately go to the hospital.
Have a fun, safe holiday!
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.