Easy Breakfast Recipe: How to Make Muffin Cups With Johnsonville Sausage! by Christine Jones
One of the ways I save time in the morning is by using Johnsonville's fully-cooked breakfast sausage. I feel good about feeding my kids a hearty, protein-packed breakfast on busy school mornings. I make these delicious Muffin Cups ahead of time, then pop them in the microwave for an easy breakfast on the go that keeps my kids full all morning long. Just mix all the ingredients and bake for 12 minutes. What could be simpler? Enjoy!
- 12 links Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes® Hash Browns
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 4-Cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onion
Here’s how to make them:
- Prepare sausage according to package instructions, cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle with chives or onion.
- Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: