This Berry Yummy Kale Coconut Smoothie Recipe Packs an Antioxidant Punch by Jaime Reid
Nothing is more refreshing in the morning or after a workout than a nutritious, delicious smoothie. This easy coconut kale smoothie recipe is loaded with berries and packs an antioxidant punch. It makes a satisfying breakfast or snack, and is a great way to get kids (and adults) to eat more veggies.
Berries and kale are both full of disease-fighting, powerful antioxidants that help to protect your body (but no one in the family but you needs to know that). Cheers!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/3 (4.5 ounces) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup organic kale
- 1 banana, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen berry medley or berries of your choice (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ice
- fresh mint for garnish (optional)
Here's how you make it:
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately and garnish with mint, if desired.
You may want to blend the kale on its own before adding the other ingredients to avoid having chunks of kale. Enjoy!
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.