Shaved Cucumber Salad Recipe With Dill Is Worth Planting a Garden For by 30Seconds Food
Cucumber salads are one of our fan favorites. What is it about a cool, refreshing cucumber salad recipe? This easy shaved cucumber salad is creamy, lemony, dilly, crunchy and oh, so satisfying. It's the perfect cold salad for dinner, potlucks or cookouts.
Plus, it's time to start growing those cucumbers and dill! Yes, spring gardening season is here. Before you're overloaded with cucumbers and fresh dill from the garden, you may want to start printing out new recipes like this one.
This creamy shaved cucumber salad is made with seedless cucumbers, sour cream, fresh dill, lemon zest and fresh lemon juice. You can add an optional sliced red onion for more flavor and crunch. The cucumbers are thinly sliced or shaved on a mandoline, then salted so they release their moisture. Sour cream, fresh dill, lemon zest and lemon juice and mixed together and seasoned with white or black pepper. Add the cucumbers and red onion, toss to coat and refrigerate for about one hour to blend the flavors and chill the salad.
This easy dill cucumber salad recipe is a delicious side dish with barbecued meats, grilled chicken, steak, pork, lamb or seafood. The salad would be perfect alongside that Easter ham this year.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 2 seedless cucumbers, shaved or thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put 1/4 of the shaved cucumber into a colander. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the sea salt. Repeat layers. Let the cucumbers sit for about 30 minutes.
- Whisk together the sour cream, dill, lemon zest and lemon juice in a large bowl. Season with black or white pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- Pat the cucumber slices dry with paper towels to absorb any moisture. Add to the sour cream mixture and toss to coat. Add the red onion, if using. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mandoline Slicers $10 & Up
Cucumber Seeds $3 & Up
Salad Bowls $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.