Healthy Spring Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe With Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette by Chef Gigi
My family loves this spring strawberry spinach salad recipe. I think we could eat the healthy recipe daily! This fresh fruit and spinach salad is also a great first course for a long-awaited spring luncheon.
The salad is made with toasted pecans, red onion, fresh baby spinach, strawberries and crumbled feta cheese. The tangy balsamic vinaigrette is a combination of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, poppy seeds, honey and Dijon mustard. Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together and drizzle over the fresh spinach salad ingredients. So fresh and easy!
Soaking the onion in water will remove any bitterness of the onion, which makes it pair better with the sweet strawberry. If you're not a fan of poppy seeds, leave them out! You could use other fruit in this salad like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, pear, apple or grapes. Serve this salad for lunch or as a side dish for dinner.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach, cleaned and dry
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Here is how to make it:
- Spread the pecans in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the pecans smell fragrant and crispy. Keep your eye on them; they are full of fat and can burn quickly. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer off the hot baking sheet to prevent them from overcooking. Roughly chop the pecans and set aside.
- Put the sliced onion into a bowl and with cold water. Set aside.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl until well combined and chill until ready to dress the salad.
- Place the spinach in a large serving bowl. Add the strawberries. Drain the red onion, pat dry and add to the salad bowl. Drizzle about half of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Add the feta and chopped pecans. Toss lightly to combine. Serve immediately once the salad is dressed. I also like to add additional dressing on the side.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.