6-Ingredient Crispy Baked French Onion Chicken Recipe (30 Minutes) by 30Seconds Food
We love quick and easy chicken recipes with minimal ingredients, easy prep and that cook fast. This crispy baked french onion chicken recipe hits on all marks. It has six ingredients, simple prep and bakes in 15 to 20 minutes.
The chicken breasts are seasoned with salt and pepper before being slathered with a mixture of mayonnaise, Dijon mustard ( dijonnaise) and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. The chicken is then sprinkled with seasoned breadcrumbs and crushed french-fried onions. The chicken bakes in the oven until cooked through. Simple and so tasty.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 - 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 4 teaspoons seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 can french fried onions, crushed (about 8 tablespoons)
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Aluminum Foil
- 13x9-inch Baking Pan
- Pounding the chicken to an even thickness will help it cook evenly and quicker. But if you prefer not to pound your chicken, just cook it a bit longer.
- For easier cleanup line the baking dish with aluminum foil.
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and cheese in a small bowl.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet. Spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly on each chicken breast. Sprinkle each breast with 1 teaspoon of the breadcrumbs and about 2 tablespoons of the crushed french fried onions.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 21.6g
Saturated Fat: 7.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 79.7g
Dietary Fiber: 4.9g
Total Sugars: 7.1g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.