Best NYC Bakery Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies Copycat Recipe by Donna John
Ready to meet your favorite new cookie recipe? Levain Bakery is a New York City bakery known for it's thick, moist and irresistible cookies. The bakery was created in 1995 by friends Pam Weekes and Connie McDonald. The friends developed the ultimate chocolate chip walnut cookie together, which has been flying off the shelves ever since it was introduced at the bakery. Besides the delicious baked goods, this famous bakery also stands out because they donate the day's leftovers each night to charities.
This copycat recipe of Levain Bakery's famous walnut chocolate chip cookies is to die for. Butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, cake flour, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, chocolate chips and chopped walnuts combine into a magical dough that bakes up to a moist out-of-this-world cookie. The cookies are huge! You should only put four balls of cookie dough on each cookie sheet (the recipe makes eight cookies).
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 9 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 29 to 32 minutes
Servings: 8 (makes 8 huge cookies)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- big pinch of salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
Here's how to make it:
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until cream, about 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
- Stir in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Form the dough into eight large balls and place on two parchment paper-covered cookie sheets (four per sheet).
- Bake in a preheated 410-degree F oven for about 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let the cookies sit on the baking sheets for 10 minutes to set before removing.
- These moist chocolate chip cookies will go fast, but store any leftovers in an airtight container on the counter. (You may want to hide a few for yourself!)
- Do not crowd the baking sheets. These cookies are huge and need room to expand.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 37.7g
Saturated Fat: 21g
Total Carbohydrate: 74g
Dietary Fiber: 2.2g
Total Sugars: 38g
Vitamin D: 9mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.