Easy Taco Chicken Chili Recipe Is Savory Slow Cooker Magic by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
Thanks to all the easy, delicious slow-cooker recipes here on 30Seconds, I've recently rediscovered – and fallen in love with – my slow cooker. It is truly amazing how many incredible dinner recipes you can make with very little effort when you use a Crock Pot™!
This easy taco chicken chili recipe is a perfect example of savory slow cooker magic. I made this incredibly simple slow cooker chicken chili recipe when our friends came over for dinner, and it was the perfect recipe for our gameday get-together. Watching the game with a hearty bowl of chicken chili served from the Crock Pot™ was exactly what we needed so we could spend less time cooking, and more time enjoying.
This chicken chili recipe is loaded with nutritious fresh ingredients as well as pantry staples. I set out toppings like fresh diced avocado, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream so everyone could make their bowl of chili to suit their tastes. My friend brought a loaf of fresh-baked sourdough bread to dip into the chili. It was a perfect meal without a lot of work.
The chili leftovers are great the next day, or you can freeze any leftover chili for future meals, too. A great way to meal plan and save yourself work later!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 to 8 hours
Total Time: 4 hours and 15 minutes to 8 hours and 15 minutes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) light red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn kernels, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes (with or without chilies, depending on your tastes), with liquid
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes (with or without chilies, depending on your tastes), with liquid
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs (I used 1 pound of each)
- shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, cilantro, etc., for serving
Here's how you make it:
- In your slow cooker, combine the onion, green pepper, broccoli, carrots, beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, cumin and chili powder. Mix well until combined.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Completely cover the chicken with the mixture.
- Cook on the LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours or on the HIGH setting for 4 to 6 hours. (I ended up cooking mine for 6 hours.) An hour or so before serving, remove the chicken and shred it using two large forks. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Serve from the pot and top with fresh cilantro and your favorite toppings. You can serve this chili recipe with fresh baked bread or tortilla chips, or you can serve it over rice to soak up the yummy taco sauce.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $25 & Up
Black Beans $1 & Up
Red Kidney Beans $1 & Up
Light Kidney Beans $1 & Up
Corn $1 & Up
Diced Tomatoes With Green Chiles $2 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.