Broken Noodles Lemon Chicken Soup Recipe Is Comfort On a Spoon by 30Seconds Food
Chicken soup really is for the soul. Chicken soup not only comforts us when we're feeling under the weather, but is a satisfying, homey lunch or dinner anytime. This lemon chicken soup recipe with broken noodles is quick to make and is full of soul-satisfying flavors.
The easy chicken soup is made with boneless chicken thighs or breasts, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, oregano, chicken broth, bay leaves, lemon juice and zest, parsley and thin noodles that are broken into pieces. You could use spaghetti noodles, angel hair pasta, fine egg noodles or fideo, which is broken spaghetti noodles. The soup gently simmers for about 10 minutes after the chicken and vegetables are cooked.
Serve this lemony chicken noodle soup for dinner with a salad or for a delicious lunch. The soup is even better the next day, so pack some in a thermos for lunch (don't forget the crackers!).
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces (you could use chicken breasts)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon dried oregano (to taste)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup broken spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add it to the hot oil and cook until browned, about 6 minutes, stirring often. Remove to a plate.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery. Over medium heat, cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Add the bay leaves. Bring to a simmer, then add the pasta and return the chicken to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Gently simmer the until the pasta is tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, zest and parsley. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Instead of spaghetti noodles, you could use fine egg noodles or fideo.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice for this recipe. Fresh is always best.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat 18.5g
Saturated Fat 3.8g
Total Carbohydrate 33.3g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Total Sugars 4.1g
Vitamin D 1mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.