Grandma's Old-fashioned Baked Rice Pudding Recipe Is a Classic by 30Seconds Food
Rice pudding is a bowl of comfort. Rice pudding in an old-fashioned recipe that's eaten all over the world. Rice pudding is made with rice, some type of cream, eggs, sugar, spices, vanilla and raisins. This easy baked rice pudding recipe with cinnamon and raisins is super simple to make and may take you back to simpler days. (Grandma would love this recipe!)
Here is your shopping list for this old-fashioned creamy baked rice pudding recipe: cooked rice, half and half, eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, salt and raisins. Dish out bowls of this creamy rice pudding for dessert or for breakfast. Why not? Serve the rice pudding at room temperature. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes (ovens vary)
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 4 cups half and half
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Be sure not to overcook the rice. It's actually better to undercook the rice for this dessert recipe.
- You could get creative with this recipe by adding other dried fruit like apples, cranberries, blueberries, cherries or dates.
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the half and half, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a bowl. Mix well.
- Gently stir in the rice and raisins.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased casserole dish or 9x9-inch baking pan. Smooth the top. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until sides are set but center still slightly jiggles. Remove and let the pudding sit for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.