Naughty Naked Fried Chicken Recipe: This Fried Chicken Took Its Carbs Off by 30Seconds Food
Who says fried chicken has to be dredged in flour to be crispy and full of flavor? This fried chicken is naked (aka no flour on the outside). The skin still gets super crispy, so you won't even miss it (or the carbs!). And with only 1 tablespoon of olive oil, this skillet fried chicken is healthier.
The chicken legs (or chicken thighs) are seasoned with southwest spices: chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano. You can add some crushed red pepper flakes for heat. The seasonings get touched by the oil and heat so the flavors are deepened and create a tasty, juicy chicken.
Here is your shopping list to make this keto-friendly naked fried chicken recipe. We bet you have most, if not all, the ingredients already in your kitchen: olive oil, chicken pieces, chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and optional crushed red pepper flakes. Serve this keto-friendly, lower-carb, gluten-free naked fried chicken recipe with your favorite side dishes. Broccoli, carrots, green peas, asparagus and brussels sprouts are always good choices. Add a grain or salad and you have a complete dinner.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken bone-in drumsticks or thighs
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- If the chicken starts to brown too quickly, reduce the heat.
- Chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees F before serving.
- You could use chicken wings or chicken breasts, but this will affect cooking time.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine al the spices in a small bowl. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and then coat in the spices. Rub the spices into the chicken well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Put the chicken, skin side down, into the skillet. Cook for about 20 minutes or until very browned. (You may need to reduce the heat if they brown too quickly.) Flip the chicken over and continue to cook until internal temperature is 165 degrees F, about 15 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 19.6g
Saturated Fat: 4.7g
Total Carbohydrate: 12.2g
Dietary Fiber: 7.9g
Total Sugars: 1.7g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.