Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Is a No-Stress Dinner by Donna John
If you're looking for a quick, inexpensive and delicious dinner idea, you’ve got to try this creamy chicken chili recipe. You basically put all the ingredients into a slow cooker then wait for pure dinner magic, with no stress.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 to 8 hours
Total Time: 5 minutes plus 6 to 8 hours
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 - 3 chicken breasts
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- cilantro, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- toppings: avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips, red onion, cilantro
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the chicken breasts into the slow cooker (I usually put them in frozen).
- Add the black beans, corn (with liquid), tomatoes and green chilies (with liquid), dressing mix, cumin, onion powder, chili powder and a handful of chopped cilantro (to taste). Stir to combine.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and place over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat, shred the chicken with two forks and stir well to incorporate the cream cheese. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.