6-Ingredient Butternut Squash Soup Recipe: Creamy Vegan Goodness by Beth Linder-Moss
The health benefits of butternut squash are undeniable, but it's the taste that'll make this a favorite soup recipe. Roasted butternut squash is cooked with onion, celery, carrots and garlic, then pureed into a creamy soup. Delish.
Curious about those health benefits? Butternut squash may boost your immune system, help with blood sugar, blood pressure and eye health, and is a great source of fiber, which aids in gut health.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the butternut squash by leaving it whole and poking holes in it with a fork. Cook in a 350-degree F oven for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Let it cool, cut it in half and remove the seeds.
- In a pot, add onion, celery and carrots. Cook until soft. Add garlic, squash and vegetable stock. Put the lid on and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes.
- With an immersion blender puree until smooth. Garnish as desired.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Think Healthy, Be Healthy: Simple Strategies to Gain Confidence Through Fitness, Nutrition and a Well-Balanced Lifestyle by Beth Linder-Moss $18
Immersion Blenders $20 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.