2-Ingredient Chocolate Glaze Recipe Makes Dessert Even More Decadent In 5 Minutes by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
This two-ingredient semisweet chocolate glaze recipe is almost too good to be true. That’s because in just 5 minutes, you can create a rich chocolate sauce that makes just about any dessert even more decadent.
I originally made this glaze as a topping for my easy baked donuts recipe. But we’ve since used it over ice cream and even for dipping fruit into, almost like fondue. You make it in the microwave, so it’s really simple (and absolutely delicious).
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
Servings: Makes about 1 cup
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pats
Here’s how to make it:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, evenly distribute the chocolate chips. Set your microwave for 2 minutes, then press start. After 30 seconds, stop the microwave. Stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula to distribute the heat. Start the microwave again, then stop it after another 30 seconds. Stir, scraping the sides of the bowl if needed. Start microwave again, then stop it after another 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat, but when you notice that chocolate is nearly melted, remove it from the microwave (even if it hasn’t yet been 2 minutes).
- Add the butter to the chocolate and stir to combine. The chocolate will melt the butter and any remaining unmelted chocolate, creating a beautiful and shiny glaze.
- Serve immediately. If it hardens up a bit after cooling, simply microwave a few seconds until it melts again.
- Enjoy over ice cream, on donuts or muffins or breads, or to dip your favorite fruit!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.