6-Ingredient Marinated Grilled Hanger Steak Recipe Is Tender & Juicy by 30Seconds Food
Love flank steak and flat iron steak? Hanger steak may be your new favorite on steak night. Hanger steak is very tender and loaded with flavor. It's often referred to as a "butcher's steak" because often butchers would keep this flavorful cut of beef for themselves.
This easy grilled hanger steak recipe is marinated in a mustardy, garlicy, lemony marinade then quickly grilled to tender, juicy perfection. When serving, be sure to slice the steak against the grain. Serve with your favorite side dishes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 2 hours minimum to marinate
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes
- 1 hanger steak (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the mustard, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, rosemary, lemon juice and zest in a shallow bowl or food storage bag. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Add the steak and coat well. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade. Grill until well seared on both sides and cooked to desired doneness, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove and allow the steak to rest for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.