Moist & Flavorful Butterflied Chicken Recipe Has a Secret Ingredient by 30Seconds Food
To butterfly a chicken simply means you are removing the backbone and flattening it. The technique helps create uniform thickness so it cooks evenly and more quickly. Here's the three simple steps to butterfly a chicken:
- Put the chicken on a cutting board, breast side down.
- Using kitchen shears, cut out the chicken's backbone.
- Turn the chicken over and use your hands to flatten it.
Done! Now you're ready to make this moist and flavorful butterflied chicken recipe. You could bake two chickens and use the second one for other recipes calling for cooked chicken meat. Or make chicken salad! The secret ingredient in this baked chicken recipe? The mayonnaise. Mayonnaise helps keep the chicken moist and delicious.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 whole chicken, butterflied
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or parsley
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken into a roasting pan.
- Combine the mayonnaise, butter, poultry seasoning, garlic, herbs and lemon juice. Rub the mixture all over the chicken.
- Cover the chicken with the lid or aluminum foil. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes more to brown the skin. (Internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.)
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.