Dairy-free & Gluten-free Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe Is Rich, Creamy & Healthy by 30Seconds Food
Mushrooms are a nutritional powerhouse. The health benefits of mushrooms are numerous. Mushrooms are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and may boost the immune system and support bone health. A study even found that eating mushrooms may reduce your cancer risk.
If you want to add more mushrooms into your diet, but aren't sure how, we have lots of mushrooms recipes for you to scroll through. This easy mushroom soup recipe is creamy, satisfying, loaded with mushrooms, gluten-free and dairy-free. Serve it for lunch or with a salad for dinner.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 cup minced shallot or onion
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 5 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (divided)
- 5 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms (divided)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups diced Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- chopped fresh herbs, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a soup pot. Add the shallot and celery. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of the shiitake mushrooms and 4 cups of the baby bella mushrooms, and sherry and garlic. Cook, stirring, until mushrooms soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and thyme. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute then add the broth and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for about 20 minutes.
- While the soup simmers, chop the remaining mushrooms. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and cook the mushrooms until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. Stir in the sherry vinegar and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- To serve, ladle into soup bowls and top with the mushrooms. Garnish with fresh chopped herbs.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Immersion Blenders $15 & Up
Sherry Vinegar $3 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.