Quick Crispy Pork Egg Rolls Recipe: On the Table in Under 30 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
What is it about crispy fried egg rolls that can make us so happy? If you think you have to go out to get those crunchy egg rolls, think again. Egg rolls are easy to make at home. Really!
This quick egg roll recipe has just a few simple ingredients and minimal chopping because of the packaged cole slaw mix. Serve these fried bundles of love with duck sauce, sweet and sour sauce, sweet chili sauce or your favorite Asian dipping sauce. Watch this video to see how to roll egg rolls.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes 15 egg rolls
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 cube frozen ginger or 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 cups packaged cole slaw mix
- 15 egg roll wrappers
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the onion and pork in a skillet until the onion is soft and the pork cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage and cook about 3 minutes or until desired tenderness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each egg roll wrapper with about 2 tablespoons of filling. Roll the wrapped up, fold in the sides, continue rolling and seal with a little water. (Make sure they are sealed or the filling will come out when fried.)
- Heat about 2 to 3 inches of oil to 360 degrees F in a skillet. Fry the egg rolls a few at a time until they are golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.