Mason Jar Noodles Recipe: This Viral Food Trend Is a Fun Meal Prep Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Thanks to NutritionByKyle, mason jar noodles have gone viral. "This combines two things: my love for noodles and my need for an easy meal during the busy week!" she writes on Instagram. "Not only does this meal include everything you need, but it’s fully customizable."
You can change up the vegetables, noodles and protein to fit your tastes. Shrimp or roasted pork would be delicious! Add chopped parsley or mint instead of cilantro. Use ramen noodles instead of rice noodles. Raw onion, green onion, finely chopped broccoli, green peas or corn would be wonderful in this meal-prep recipe. Get creative!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- snow peas
- shredded carrots
- 3 ounces cooked and shredded chicken (can use rotisserie chicken)
- noodles (rice noodles or mung bean noodles are good options)
- cilantro, for garnish
- boiling water (you can also use hot water if you’re worried about glass breaking)
Here's how to make it:
- To the mason jar, add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and chicken base.
- Top with the vegetables, chicken, noodles and garnishes. (Make sure to keep the noodles and base separate so noodles stay dry.)
- If eating immediately, add boiling or hot water to the glass and cover. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Shake the jar (you can use a towel since the glass will be hot) or turn your jar upside down to let the base mix with the water. Store prepped jars in the refrigerator up to four days.
- Be sure to bring the mason jars to room temperature before pouring in hot water to prevent them from breaking due to thermal shock.
- To reduce the sodium, use reduced sodium versions of Better Than Bouillon and low-sodium soy sauce.
- You can substitute coconut aminos for the soy sauce if you need to limit sodium.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mason Jars $5 & Up
Better Than Bouillon $4 & Up
Rice Noodles $2 & Up
Mung Bean Noodles $2 & Up
Ramen Noodles $1 & Up
Oyster Sauce $2 & Up
Soy Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.