20-Minute Crispy Pork Chops Recipe With Italian Tomato Sauce & Parmigiano-Reggiano by Donna John
After making my six-ingredient eggplant casserole recipe, I had some arrabbiata sauce leftover in the fridge waiting patiently to be used. My love for crispy pork chops and need to use the sauce resulted in this delicious recipe. Dinner was on the table in less than 20 minutes!
The reason the pork is removed before pouring the sauce into the pan is to keep the one side of the pork crispy. The Parmigiano-Reggiano adds just the right amount of saltiness to complement the tangy sauce. This recipe would work with thin boneless chicken breasts, too. Serve this pork chop recipe with a salad and vegetable.
Cuisine: American / Italian
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 4 thin-cut pork chops
- 1/3 cup flour
- Italian seasoning
- olive oil
- 1 cup pasta sauce (I used Vero Gusto Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce)
Here's how to make it:
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Put the flour onto a plate. Add dried Italian seasoning, to taste, and about 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Dredge the pork chops in the flour mixture and put into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the chops over and cook another 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Pour the pasta sauce into the pan and stir up any brown bits on the bottom. Put the pork chops back into the pan, sprinkle with a little Parmigiano-Reggiano and cook for about 1 minute.
- To serve, spoon some of the pasta sauce over the pork chops. Sprinkle with more cheese, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Pasta Sauce $2 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.