Barbecue Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe: A Healthy, Crunchy Fall Snack Recipe by Ann Marie Patitucci
I love all things fall, including pumpkins and toasted pumpkin seeds. Did you know pumpkins seeds are good for you? Here's just a few health benefits of pumpkin seeds:
- They are rich in many antioxidants, which protect our cells from disease-causing damage and reduce inflammation in our bodies.
- They are a great source of dietary fiber.
- They are high in magnesium. Magnesium helps regulate blood sugar levels, lowering your diabetes risk.
- Laboratory studies show they can stop the growth of breast and prostate cancer cells. They also induce apoptosis or cancer cell death.
I’ve made roasted pumpkin seeds in a variety of different ways over the years. This barbecue pumpkin seeds recipe is my current favorite recipe. They're perfect for snacking!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Makes about 1 cup
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet and smoky barbecue sauce (or your favorite barbecue sauce)
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine pumpkin seeds, barbecue sauce and olive oil together in a bowl. Spread seeds in an even single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 7 to 9 minutes, until toasted, watching carefully to avoid burning. Remove from baking sheet and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Barbecue Sauce $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Fall Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.