10-Minute Creamy Ricotta Tomato Sauce Recipe With Parmesan & Basil by Donna John
Yes, there are a lot of really good jarred pasta sauces out there. I buy them often. But sometimes it's nice to have a fresh, homemade pasta sauce. This easy tomato sauce recipe has ricotta, Parmesan and fresh basil. The best part? It cooks in 10 minutes flat.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Makes enough for 16 ounces of pasta
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh basil leaves, torn (I used about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- freshly grated Parmesan or Parmigiano-Reggiano
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and gently mash with a spoon or potato masher.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the basil, ricotta and Parmesan, to taste. Stir in and remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.