Creamy Skinny Alfredo Sauce Recipe Is Ready in 10 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Who doesn't love alfredo sauce? But face it: there are a lot of calories in regular alfredo sauce. The butter, cream, cheese. Oh, my. This easy low-calorie alfredo sauce recipe is rich and creamy, but uses Neufchâtel or low-fat cream cheese, less butter and low-fat milk. And this skinny recipe cooks in less than 10 minutes!
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Enough for 12 ounces of pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons Neufchâtel or low-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and lemon zest. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
- Add the cream cheese and Parmesan. Stir until smooth, about 1 minute.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.