Barefoot Contessa-Inspired 15-Minute Fresh Corn Salad Recipe Has a Spicy Twist by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
My neighbor Karen is an amazing gardener, and a great friend. She dropped off all the home-grown ingredients needed to make this incredible fresh corn salad recipe inspired by a Barefoot Contessa recipe – but Karen’s variation comes with a kick.
Instead of onions, she adds jalapeño peppers to pack some heat. She also adds fresh tomatoes from her garden, because yum. Hope you love this easy, delicious fresh corn salad recipe as much as we do!
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapeños
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Here’s how to make it:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook corn for 3 minutes to remove starchiness. Remove corn from boiling water and immerse it into a large bowl of ice water. This stops the cooking and sets the color. When corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob (cutting as close to cob as possible).
- In a large serving bowl, combine the corn with the tomatoes and jalapeños. Add the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Note: This recipe is best served with fresh corn. Frozen corn won’t have the right flavor or texture.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
The Barefoot Contessa Cookbooks $5 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
Kosher Salt $2 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.