This Easy Glazed Carrots Recipe Has a Secret Ingredient Worth Toasting by Ann Marie Patitucci
I love recipes with an unusual ingredient. In this glazed carrots recipe, the special ingredient is white wine!
If you look for glazed carrots recipes you’ll find those that call for brown sugar, maple syrup, chicken broth, cinnamon, orange juice/zest, etc. However, white wine is less common, and it works well. Consider it the next time you’re looking for a new tasty side dish. Cheers!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 6 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut in 2-inch pieces (you can use baby carrots)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Pinot Grigio (or your favorite dry white wine)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large skillet, combine carrots and olive oil, then add water. Cook over medium-high heat until carrots are tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the wine and honey. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes or until carrots are glazed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.