20-Minute One-Pan Cajun Chicken, Sausage & Cabbage Recipe Is My Favorite Recipe This Month by Donna John
No, the keto diet is not on my radar – but cabbage, sausage and chicken are! One-pan recipes ready in about 20 minutes are, too. This Cajun chicken and sausage recipe is so simple, and one of the best new recipes I've made this month. Enjoyed every flavorful bite!
This skillet chicken recipe is a meal on its own. I didn't serve a side dish, but you could add a fresh garden salad with homemade salad dressing. Use whatever sausage you like. I used a raw Chaurice Cajun/Creole sausage, but andouille, smoked sausage, Polish kielbasa, even Italian sausage would work.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning or seasoned salt (I used Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning)
- 12 ounces sausage, sliced or cut into chunks
- 1 - 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small head green cabbage, chopped (about 4 cups)
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with the Cajun seasoning.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides and just cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Add the sausage and cook until browned and cooked through. (Smoked sausage will take less time than raw sausage.) When cooked, remove to the plate with the chicken.
- Leave the drippings in the pan and add the butter, garlic and cabbage. Cook until cabbage is desired tenderness (I left mine crisp-tender).
- Put the chicken and sausage back into the pan and heat through. Add salt, pepper and more Cajun seasoning, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Cajun Seasoning $3 & Up
Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning $3 & Up
Seasoned Salt $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.