Grilled Mahi Mahi Tacos Recipe With Avocado-Lime Slaw & Chipotle Aioli by INTUEAT
For a by-the-ocean feeling, these light and refreshing grilled mahi mahi tacos are a must for the summer season. Paired with avocado-lime slaw and topped with chipotle aioli, this taco recipe is the best way to celebrate summer.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons pickled jalapeños, chopped, or 1 fresh jalapeno, cored and seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces slaw mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (add more for increased heat or regular chili powder for less heat)
- 1 pinch kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds mahi mahi fillets skinless, cut into 12 pieces (you can also use fresh tuna steak)
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radish, for garnish
- 2 fresh jalapenos, thinly sliced, for garnish
- hot sauce such as Tabasco, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- To make the avocado-lime slaw, in a food processor, add the mayo, avocado, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, jalapenos, salt and pepper and pulse until completely blended. Add the mayo-avocado mixture to the slaw and stir until fully coated. Set aside.
- To make the chipotle aioli, stir together the mayo, garlic, lime juice, chili powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To prepare the mahi mahi, make the marinade by mixing together in a medium bowl the chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion and garlic powders, salt, pepper, lime juice and olive oil. Add the mahi mahi and turn to coat. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat your grill to high heat. Place fish in a grill pan or cast iron skillet or thread each fish piece with a skewer. Discard the leftover marinade. Grill the fish, carefully turning once, until opaque and just cooked through, about 8 minutes total.
- Heat the tortillas directly on the grill rack or place in aluminum foil, and heat on the grill. Place the cooked fish in the warmed tortilla and top with slaw, fresh cilantro, radishes, chipotle aioli, sliced jalapenos and hot sauce.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Pickled Jalapenos $2 & Up
Chipotle Chili Powder $3 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Corn Tortillas $2 & Up
Hot Sauce $2 & Up
Tabasco Sauce $2 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.