5-Ingredient Snickerdoodle Dump Cake Recipe With Fruit Is Fantastic by Melissa Vickers
Dump cakes are all the rage these days. But this dump cake recipe is a variation of one I first learned how to make decades ago (we won’t talk about how many decades) as a teenager working at an outdoor camp. We had an oven made from a metal trashcan set up and cooked it there. I’ve since cooked it many times in a real indoor oven!
You can pick what fruit to use – the only criteria is that it needs to be juicy. Canned peaches work great, for example. The juice blends with the cake mix, and the butter just adds a little creaminess. For this one, instead of using a dry cake mix, I opted for a snickerdoodle cookie mix and used it, with canned pineapple and fresh blueberries and strawberries. Yum! Serve this easy dump cake recipe with a dollop of ice cream or whipped cream.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 package (17.9 ounces) snickerdoodle cookie mix (I used Betty Crocker that includes a packet of cinnamon sugar)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits (do not drain)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup butter, cut in small pieces
Here’s how to make it:
- Dump canned pineapple into 8x8-inch baking pan. I put blueberries on one third, and strawberries on a second third and left the final third pineapple only. Use whatever fruit and whatever combination that sounds good to you!
- Sprinkle dry cookie mix over fruit.
- Dot top with small chunks of butter. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over top.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 30 minutes or so or until lightly browned. If there are pocket of dry mix, take a spoon and stir slightly to mix with the juices.
Note: Experiment with other fruits or combinations of fruits. Try using a cake mix instead of the cookie mix.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dump Cake Cookbooks $5 & Up
8x8-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix $2 & Up
Pineapple Tidbits $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.