The Walking Taco Casserole Recipe That You Couldn't Get Enough Of by Donna John
Using ground beef is an inexpensive way to feed the family. Add some corn chips and other Mexican-inspired ingredients and transform that meat into a walking taco casserole recipe everyone will love! If you like Frito pie, you've got to try this easy waking taco casserole recipe.
The ground beef casserole is made by browning ground beef and onion together in a skillet. A can of tomatoes with the liquid and taco seasoning is added and cooked until most of the liquid has evaporated. The cream cheese is stirred in until melted, then the black beans and enchilada sauce are poured in and heated through. The casserole is layered with corn chips, the meat mixture and shredded cheese, then baked. Delicious!
You could use ground chicken or ground turkey instead of ground beef and pinto beans instead of black beans. I didn't use the whole bag of corn chips (save them for snacking!). This casserole recipe is rich, so a dollop of sour cream, sliced fresh jalapenos and chopped onion lightened it up a bit. Next time I'll add guacamole, too!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: American / Mexican
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 package (1 ounce) dry taco seasoning
- 1 bag (10 ounces) corn chips (I used Fritos)
- 1 can (14 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 13x9-inch Baking Pan
- If you prefer, use ground turkey instead of ground beef.
- Try canned pinto beans instead of black beans.
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet.
- Add the can of tomatoes (with liquid) and taco seasoning.
- Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add cream cheese and stir to melt.
- Add the black beans and enchilada sauce. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Put a layer of corn chips on the bottom of a 13x9-inch pan. Top with half of the meat mixture and half of the grated cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 23.3g
Saturated Fat: 10.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 25.2g
Dietary Fiber: 3.6g
Total Sugars: 3.5g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.