Walking Taco Casserole Recipe: You'll Sit Down for This Ground Beef Casserole Recipe by Donna John
If you like Frito pie, you've got to try this easy waking taco casserole recipe. You could use ground chicken or ground turkey instead of ground beef and pinto beans instead of black beans. I didn't use the whole bag of corn chips (save them for snacking!). This casserole recipe is rich, so a dollop of sour cream, sliced fresh jalapenos and chopped onion lightened it up a bit. Next time adding guacamole, too!
Cuisine: American / Mexican
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 package (1 ounce) dry taco seasoning
- 1 bag (10 ounces) corn chips (I used Fritos)
- 1 can (14 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet.
- Add the can of tomatoes (with liquid) and taco seasoning.
- Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add cream cheese and stir to melt.
- Add the black beans and enchilada sauce. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Put a layer of corn chips on the bottom of a 13x9-inch pan. Top with half of the meat mixture and half of the grated cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Tomatoes With Green Chiles $2 & Up
Black Beans $2 & Up
Pinto Beans $2 & Up
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Enchilada Sauce $2 & Up
Fritos $3 & Up
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.