Easy Chicken Tortellini Florentine Casserole Recipe Is Creamy Cheesy Goodness by Melissa Vickers
Looking for an easy casserole recipe the whole family will love? Here’s another of my can’t-leave-a-recipe-as-is attempts that worked.
The original chicken casserole recipe started with uncooked diced chicken breasts, and I used rotisserie chicken meat. It called for “small pasta,” but I had some spinach and cheese tortellini. It didn’t call for mushrooms or celery, but I had both so I threw them in. And I subbed half and half for the whole milk the recipe called for. The end result was cheesy, creamy and yummy!
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 pound rotisserie chicken, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I didn’t bother since I was using the rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces spinach and cheese dried tortellini
- 3 celery stalks, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup half and half or milk of your choice
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes, drained and roughly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 big handful fresh spinach
Here’s how to make it:
- Place chicken, Italian seasoning, garlic, tortellini, celery and mushrooms in an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- In large measuring cup, whisk chicken stock, half and half and cornstarch together. Pour over chicken mixture. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, take off foil and stir in tomatoes and spinach. Sprinkle cheeses on top and cook uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes more, or until bubbly.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
8x8-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Chicken Stock $2 & Up
Sundried Tomatoes $3 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Dried Tortellini $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.