Dessert Fruit Pizza Recipe Is What to Make This Summer (Plus a Tip on How to Hull Strawberries) by Susan Evind
Summer is strawberry time! It can take time and sometimes sharp fingernails to prepare strawberries for recipes, or digging with a time-consuming paring knife. But no more! Here's a simple and fun way to hull out the leaves: poke a straw (can be paper, metal or plastic) into the bottom point of the strawberry, push it through and voila! Out pops the green leaf top! Then you can slice, dice and sugar them up to eat and enjoy.
How about a tip for cleaning the strawberries, too? Plunge them down into a bowl of water with a teaspoon of vinegar. Let them sit a few minutes and watch the little critters hidden inside the pockets float to the top! Then you drain and rinse and strawberries have no vinegar flavor at all.
One way to enjoy those cleaned and hulled strawberries is by making this easy dessert fruit pizza recipe. It's so easy, fresh and delicious! Perfect for summer.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tube (16.5 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 container (8 ounces) soft cream cheese
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 fresh peach, pitted and sliced
- 4 - 5 kiwis
- 2 - 3 cans (8 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained well (optional)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon water
Here's how to make it:
- Slice the cookie dough to 1/8 inches thin and place circulating and overlapping on a nonstick 14-inch pizza pan or parchment paper-covered pizza pan. Pat down and seal. Pinch a rim all the way around.
- Bake the crust in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Spread the mixture over the cooled crust.
- Slice the fruit and alternate in patterns over the cream cheese mixture.
- Combine the water and orange marmalade in a small bowl. Use a pastry brush to spread over the fruit. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pizza Trays $8 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Pastry Brushes $5 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Orange Marmalade $3 & Up
Mandarin Oranges $2 & Up
Superfine Sugar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.